Basement Waterproofing Contractor in Jeffersonville GA
Jeffersonville Basement Waterproofing Pros - Serving Jeffersonville and surrounding areas. Highly trusted for over 15 years!Call Now! (888) 312-2710
GET A FREE QUOTE NOW - CALL (888) 312-2710
Basement waterproofing is crucial in order to have a good basement conversion, which should not be dismissed. Basement waterproofing in Jeffersonville GA might be a costly exercise, but if you put into account the loss that may emanate from failure to waterproof your basement, it’s worth the expense. It is not a do it yourself project. It is no exception to the rule.
Waterproofing your basement helps keep your house safe, dry and safeguards your investment (your house) and can help save you lots of money later on because you won’t have to be worried about the headaches that people must be concerned about with a basement that isn’t waterproofed. Basements are essentially built into a sizable hole that’s been dug from the ground. A flooded basement is never enjoyable to encounter and may wind up ruining whatever is in the basement. Also a wet basement can result in an insect issue. That way you may rest assured your basement is going to be waterproofed to perfection. Though your basement may not be much to check at this time, you are going to want to wind up with quality living space once the project is finished. Bearing in mind that waterproofing the basement needs to be taken seriously, it’s wise that you seek the services of the help of an expert.
Basement waterproofing in Jeffersonville GA is necessary if you wish to keep your home free of the possible dangers of molds. These fungi, unknown to some, pose serious health risks if left unattended for a long time. You see, prolonged exposure to molds may lead to some serious respiratory problems. They even produce toxic substances called mycotoxins that have led to death in a few cases. Normally, though, these toxins may cause neurological disorders. At the very least, mold growths in your home will trigger allergic reactions.
Mold remediation by a professional may be needed to make sure your place is free of molds. If present, then you need to take actions to get rid of them. Mold removal is necessary to protect your loved ones from such hazards. Basement waterproofing is just one of the important steps in keeping your home mold-free.
1. The basic idea of basement waterproofing is to stop water from getting in and settling in your basement. A damp environment is the favorite living condition of molds so you need to get rid of water. To do so, you will need to turn off the water first. Dry the leaky pipes and apply powerful sealants. If the pipes are damaged beyond repair, then you may have to replace them. Covering all the pipe joints and connections with sealant can also be done just to be sure.
2. Cracks on the walls where water may seep through are indications that you may need some foundation repair done. This is a delicate task so ask a professional to do it for you.
3. Construction-grade epoxy and other water sealants may be used to fix the big wall and floor cracks. The cracks should be cleaned out first before patching them up with sealants. Cracks on concrete cement walls and floors are repaired by filling them with mortar made of one part cement, two parts of sand and mixed with water.
4. As for small or hairline ones, you can fill them up with waterproofing mix. In both kinds of cracks, using a putty knife or a trowel makes the job of applying the sealants easier.
5. The next step in foundation waterproofing in Jeffersonville GA is to apply or paint a waterproofing agent on the whole wall. Of course, you should have cleaned the whole basement first and got rid of all the mold growths before waterproofing the place. These annoyances also thrive on and eat paint, so you better be sure they’re all gone before applying some.
6. Most mold remediation plans and assessments will also require a proper drainage system within and outside the basement. This will also prevent water that may still seep through to stay inside the basement. PVC pipes can be installed to direct water seepage and leaks to a sump pump which, in turn, will direct the water outside of the house. The purpose of external drainage, meanwhile, is to prevent water from penetrating the house, especially the basement.
7. Another good tip in preventing mold growths is to keep your Jeffersonville GA basement clean. Check the place regularly for growths and get rid of them immediately. You can also use a dehumidifier every so often.